It’s summer, it’s hot, and you know how it feels to not have a lot of water (kind of). Now think about the children in Africa, who don’t have water AT ALL, unless they have the absolute need of taking a drink TO LIVE. Well Aware and the Austin Cosmopolitan Rotary Club have thought about this and now have a fundraiser that benefits these thirsty children, in a fun way.
How so? Why, a shower strike of course! Super easy, knock off dollars of your water bill, and if you find someone on your team to not shower for the week, you don’t have to do it. For more details than I am willing to give, visit ShowerStrike http://www.showerstrike.com/ for more information.
What exactly is there to do? Listen to music by Lost Bayou Ramblers and Manteca Beat; win auctions, drink, eat free tacos, win prizes, have photos be taken of you, and win stuff; and all you have to do is show up (if you win at your chance of getting a pair of free tickets by clicking “I Like It”).
SILENT AUCTION INCLUDES (so far):
- – $1000 oriental rug from David Alan
– $250 GC from Green House Mall
– $500+ Day of Beauty at Bella Salon
– $300 vases from JEIDesign
– $250 area rug from Raez Custom Floors
– After hours party for 20 at Savory Spice Shop
– $500 Makeup Party for 6 at W3ll People, includes food!
– GC’s from Whole Earth, Naturally Bronzed, Massage Envy, the Meat Market, Davis Gallery, Magnolia Cafe and much more!