“What technology companies exist in Austin? What are they up to? What kinds of technology groups and organizations do we have in Austin?” These are only some of the questions that will be answered at the 2011 Door64 Tech Fair. This is the third annual Tech Fair, which was created to kick-start the Central Texas economy, showcase neighboring tech businesses and create new relationships within them. It takes place on Monday, September 26 from 9-4pm. While the event is completely free, an RSVP is highly encouraged in order to give an idea of how many people will be in attendance. Sponsors such as Solvate, Charles Schwab, BuildASign.com and LifeSize will set up shop in the Main Ballroom to meet and greet the day’s attendees. Also during the day there will be nine information sessions that will exhibit local technology user groups and organizations to tell attendees what they’re all about, and how to get involved.
- 9:00am: Tech Fair opens! Exhibit hall open for all.
- 9:30am – 9:50am: Community Talk 1: Austin on Rails, Damon Clinkscales
- 9:50am – 10:10am: Community Talk 2, Project Management Institute (PMI), Anne Blair
- 10:30am – 10:50am: Community Talk 3, Austin Java Users Group (AJUG), Rob Ratcliff
- 10:50am – 11:10am: Community Talk 4: Agile Austin, Matt Roberts
- 12:30pm – 1:20pm: SPECIAL SESSION, Julie Niehoff (Constant Contact)
- 1:20pm – 1:40pm: Community Talk 6: Refresh Austin, William Yarbrough and Ryan Joy
- 2:00pm – 2:20pm: Community Talk 7, RISE Austin, Dana Roefer
- 2:20pm – 2:40pm: Community Talk 8,
- 2:40pm – 3:00pm: Community Talk 9,
- 4:00pm: Tech Fair Closes.
- The Advisory Board Company
- Charles Schwab
- City of Austin Emerging Technology
- Constant Contact
- Copper Egg
- Google Places
- iCommNet, LLC
- LifeSize Communications
- Powerhouse Management
- The Experience Lab
If your company would like to participate, it’s not too late. Just keep in mind that only businesses producing a technology product may apply for an exhibit table. Don’t miss out on this amazing networking opportunity.