Guest Blog by Brett Welch of Veokami
5 Favorite Moments from Austin City Limits 2011
It feels like just yesterday! I guess Austin City Limits is still on our minds. And as more video is uploaded to YouTube, we’re starting to get more complete sets to share with you on Veokami.
So far we’ve unlocked five sets, with more to come soon. Of course, you can still vote for which acts you’d like to see here.Here are the sets we’ve unlocked, and my favorite moment from each:
- Kanye West rocked the whole night, but I really enjoyed listening to him auto-sing his heart out, perched on a podium in the midst of Ballerinas. Cool. Check out Kanye’s live rendition of Runaway here.
- Skrillex laid down an epic set. But when he was joined on stage by a funky kid wearing a cape, bustin’ some great dance moves to Skrillex’s grimy beats… Insanely grin-inducing.
- Arcade Fire’s live performances are becoming something of legend, but this jam in the middle of No Cars Go is just awesome to watch.
- Coldplay’s set was a surprise for me; their energy and stage presence was amazing. I enjoyed some of their new songs too. But the highlight was the closing tribute to Amy Winehouse, with a live mashup of Rehab/Fix You.
- My fellow Aussies, Empire of the Sun, seem to be getting noticed much more recently. Their live rendition of Walking on a Dream was a highlight for me; a great track that always reminds me of long summers with great friends.
Hope you enjoy! Let us know your favorite moments in the comments.